Sunday 22 June 2014

Week 2

June 16-22, 2014

It's been a productive week of painting! I surpassed my goal of one painting this week - completing four!  I want to thank all the folks at the WetCanvas Forum (WC).  This amazing community of artists offers support, critiques, and great challenges/events. While I am still a newbie with the forum, I can't overemphasize how helpful it has been.

1.  June challenge with water media group at WC. My thanks to Kristen (homegrownrose) for hosting and providing the excellent photo reference.

Can I have a treat? Watercolour, 8" x 7".
 2.  Part of this weekends drawing event (WDE) at WC. Thanks to Ros for hosting and providing awesome photos.

Mr Hamish, Watercolour, 4" x 4".

3.  Also completed as part of the WDE this weekend. Hats off to you Ros again for a great photo.



Orchids, Watercolour, 9" x 5.5".

 4.  This is the first of my "Newfoundland Series" of paintings. After visiting the amazing province of Newfoundland land this past May, I returned home a few thousand photos richer (and a few dollars poorer)!

Fort Amherst, Newfoundland , 9.5" x 14".

No comments:

Post a Comment