Sunday 6 July 2014

Week 4

In week 4, I find myself reading a book by my all time favourite artist Stephen Quiller (Watermedia Painting with Stephen Quiller).  He states "personal expression is most effective when it rests on a firm foundation".  This statement really resonated with me as it captures my painting goal for the next year.  Building the foundation!

Here are my paintings this week:

1. From the July challenge in the WC watermedia forum.  Compliments to Susaleena for the AMAZING photos.  A talented photographer.
Abalone Shell.  Watercolour & Sharpie, 7" x 10"
2. From the July challenge in the WC watercolour studio forum.  Compliments to Doug for the beautiful photo and great summer challenge. 
Clematis.  Watercolour, 6"x6"
3.  July's challenge in the WC landscape forum.  Many thanks to WithEyes for hosting and sharing wondering photos.
Storm on Salmon River.  Watercolour, 7" x 7.5 "
4.  And finally... the WDE for the weekend of July 4.  Thanks to Jesse for being a fabulous host and sharing lovely photos.
Racket-tailed roller.  Watercolour, 7" x 4"

No comments:

Post a Comment