Sunday 27 July 2014

Week 7

For those who have visited my blog prior to this post, you'll notice my blog name has been changed to "Kathy MacKay Fine Art" (previously known as 52-in-52: a painting a week).  While it is still my goal to complete at least a painting a week for the next 11 months, I hope my in devours in art extend beyond this year!  This forward thinking was stimulated by a visit to Art in the Park in Stratford today.  Meeting some lovely and inspiring artists left me thinking about some of my longer term art goals (while not overly defined... I know I want to eventually be able to sell some of my paintings).  I briefly chatted with one artist, Annette Goodale.  She is a watercolorist who does the most amazing rock paintings. Check out her website (http://annettegoodale.blogspot.ca/)!

Here are my posts for this week:

1. My first of two submissions to the weekly drawing event (WDE) at WetCanvas (WC). Thank you so much to Li, who hosted this weeks WDE.  What AMAZING photo references!!
 
Sunlight in Forest. Acrylic, 4"x7", 300lb Richeson paper

2.  My second submission for this week's WDE at WC.
Fauvist Shack. Watercolor & Sharpie. 7.5" x 11", 140 lbs Arches paper

No comments:

Post a Comment